Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS)
This is an employment-based route for candidates who are currently employed in an Early Years setting. We are now recruiting for September 2024.
- A level 6 degree or above.
- A grade C/4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English, Maths and Science.
- Employment in Early years (at least 15 hours per week).
Fees and Funding
- The government will pay tuition fees of £7,000 in full – no cost to the student or setting.
- Employers receive £7,000 to support the trainee during their training year, to cover trainee absences due to training and to cover time for a mentor to support the trainee. We will provide mentor training.
The Training Programme
- The training programme runs from the end of September to end of June and is based on trainees’ practice in their current setting.
- Trainees attend 16 training days across the year at our training centre, based at Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, or occasionally online.
- Trainees will have a mentor based at their setting (or we can appoint externally), who will meet and observe them once per week to set targets, and write 2 progress reports per term.
- An external assessor will visit trainees once per term.
- Trainees will spend 4 weeks over the year in a contrasting setting to ensure they have experience in all age ranges from 0 – 5 years. As part of this, all trainees must observe and lead teaching in a reception class for 2 weeks during their training year, and observe in KS1 and KS2. This can be in a block or spread over individual days across the year.
- Assessment is through observations of the trainees’ work and they will produce a portfolio of evidence that shows they are meeting and exceeding the Early Years Teachers’ Standards.
- You will be asked to prepare a lesson/activity walk through which you present at interview. This is followed by an interview and written task. Interviews are normally online.
If you are interested in any of our programmes, we’d love to hear from you, or click here to sign up to one of our Information Events.
Mobile: 07549 025620 (8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday)
To apply please complete our online form by following the below link.
You will need your GCSE and degree subjects, grades and dates, 2 referees and your work history and dates.
Please note, you can save this form at any stage by scrolling to the “save and continue” button at the bottom of the page.”